Winter Shader Pack

Support for the Winter Shader Pack for Unity
JCKTStudios
Site Admin

Winter Shader Pack

Post by JCKTStudios » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Post your questions or topics regarding the Winter Shader Pack here.

JCKTStudios
Site Admin

Re: Winter Shader Pack

Post by JCKTStudios » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:42 pm

I'll put together a tutorial video for the Winter Shader Pack to help out those having any trouble getting started. If you have any advanced questions, don't hesitate to post them here.

orka43

Post by orka43 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:53 am

Planing to buy next week. looks very promosing. guesing its very fun for hoby ppl like me to! wanna asee if works well for oculus;)

kind regards
Daniel!

JCKTStudios
Site Admin

Post by JCKTStudios » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Thank you! Let us know how it works on the Oculus, it should work just fine. If you need any help or have any suggestions feel free to post them here.

orka43

Post by orka43 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 am

hey! love the snow shader, but could you explain how it best works on low poly models? so it keeps working corectly? got raw file model;)

Kind Regards
Daniel

JCKTStudios
Site Admin

Post by JCKTStudios » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 pm

For low poly models you will need to ensure the edges are welded and don't have divergent data. This can be difficult if you do not have the source files, requiring you to import them in to a tool like blender, 3DSMax or Maya and fix the edges.

The best way to handle low poly that is fragmented is not to use the height feature of the shader, instead only relying on the white snow shading portion. You won't get snow height accumulation, but you will get white snow/normal map accumulation on the texture (i.e. painted snow).

I also would like to apologize for the late reply. For some reason I didn't get a notification of your post.